Apparent, Inc. understands how important personal privacy is to our customers and website visitors. We have created this Policy to explain what data we collect, how we use that data, and how we protect that data.
What data we collect and how we use it:
There are interactive features of our website that allow you to provide personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, email address and similar information. This type of personal information is intended to make our website as useful as possible and to contact you as necessary. We retain this personal information for as long as your subscription or account with us is active or as long as is necessary to comply with our business and legal obligations.
- We use this type of personal information to respond to your questions, and to contact you with updates or additional information. This type of personal information allows you to obtain additional data or assistance from us. For example, if you subscribe for updates we ask you for personal information. We use your information to send updates to you. We also provide you a process to un-subscribe.
- We may also use this type of personal information as required by law. For example, we will share information in response to a regulatory request for information or a subpoena.
- We may also use this type of personal information when we believe that the disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, and your or other’s safety.
- Except as set forth in this Policy or with your prior consent, we do not share your personal information with third parties.
We may also collect some non-personal information about you automatically. For example, when you log onto our website, we may collect information about the type of Internet browser and operating system you used, the domain name of the website that accessed our website, the number of times you have visited our site, or the use of our website.
When you visit our website our server may create ‘cookies’ making it easier for you to navigate our site. Our cookies are temporary, automatically expire, and cannot retrieve information from your system. Most browsers permit a user to stop automatic acceptance of cookies and to disable cookies. If you elect to disable or limit cookies, you can view our website but any interactive features will be disabled.
- We use information collected automatically or apply cookies to improve our website, diagnose technical problems, and to administer the website.
Factors Beyond Our Control:
While we follow accepted industry standards to protect personal information you provide, there may be factors beyond our control that prevent us from guaranteeing your personal information will be completely protected. For example, you may link from our website to a third party identified on our site. We do not control and are not responsible for how personal information is handled on such third party sites.
Changes to our Policy
We reserve the right to update this Policy. If we make any change that materially affects the use of your personal information, we will notify you. It is our intent to implement a Policy that allows our website to be as useful as possible without compromising your right to privacy. We encourage you to lodge any questions or complaints with email@example.com so that we can meet this goal.